One of those nights where you don’t want to strain yourself with all the dough making or making one too many dishes for dinner, Pasta saves that night. I love Pasta one pot dishes. But guess who doesn’t?
That’s exactly why you have to make some changes in the usual recipe to accommodate a traditional touch to it. 🙂 My all time favorite is Chicken Alfredo with fettuccine. I love white sauce with pasta and I made it once for my husband. But what did I do to please him? I fried chicken in the usual Kannur style and shredded it on top of the dish. Voila! A happy husband! 😀
Tonight I tried a different style, which was taught by my mom of course. She used to make beef roast and mix with pasta and serve. As kids, my brother and I loved pasta nights because it meant a movie too. 🙂
So here is how I used Beef sausages to make the same.
Sausage roast with Elbow Macaroni
Serves : 5
- Bun length Beef Sausages – 8
- Onions – 2 medium-sized
- Garlic – 2 large cloves
- Ginger – 2 inches
- Green chillies – 4
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Chilli powder – 3/4 tsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Coriander powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp.
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp.
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil – 4 tbsp.
- Curry leaves – 6-7 leaves
- Elbow Macaroni – 500 g
- Cilantro – small bunch for garnish
- Slice the onions length wise. Heat oil in a deep pan and add the sliced onions. Keep the flame in medium. Add a little salt , just about enough for the onions and sauté till the onions become soft.
- Chop ginger and garlic. Add this to the onions along with curry leaves.
- Sauté till the mixture is nice and soft. Slit the green chillies length wise and add it too.
- Add all the powders and mix well. Keep the flame in high and add the tomatoes. Sauté for 2 mins and reduce the flame to low. Cover the pan with a lid.
- Slice the sausages width-wise.
- Add this to the pan and mix well. Cover and cook for 10 minutes in low flame. Give it a stir in between.
- Keep the Sausage roast aside.
- Now cook the pasta as instructed on the packet.
- Mix the cooked pasta with the Sausage roast and serve hot.
- While serving, add chopped cilantro as garnish.
The fun part about this dish is , instead of sausages, you can use chicken, beef or prawns. It just needs to be pre cooked.
Tested and trusted by my Husband 🙂