Al-fahm chicken is one of hubby dear’s favorite. I tried to keep it real when I tried it at home. With of course few cooking changes. :)Here’s my Home-made-grilled-on-pan Al fahm!!
- Chicken breast fillets – cut into bite size pieces (500 g)
- Onion (white) – Diced – 1/2 cup
- Ginger-Garlic crushed – 2 Tbsp.
- Green chillies – 2 small
- Tomato – 1 small diced
- Olive oil – 2 Tbsp.
- Yogurt – 2 Tbsp.
- Pepper powder – 1/2tsp.
- Paprika – 1 1/2 Tbsp.
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Spice mix powdered(Nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom) – 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Lemon juice – 2 Tbsp.
- Blend all the ingredients except chicken and 1 Tbsp. of Olive oil, into a fine paste.
- In a large bowl, mix the paste and chicken pieces well and marinate for 4 hours or more in the refrigerator. Not more than 8 hours.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan which is non stick and anodized , also has to have a smooth surface.
- Apply olive oil on the whole surface with a paper towel.
- Lay the chicken pieces on the pan when in medium heat.
- Turn over the pieces when the bottom side is done.
- Remove from heat before it gets burnt but make sure it has the golden brown or little black color. After all the looks are important. 🙂
This dish is of course better when cooked on Grill, but this is for those of us who like to try things indoors. 😉
Serve this dish as a starter with lemon wedges and chopped cilantro leaves. The most appropriate dip would be a mint and paprika yogurt. Yumm Yumm!!
Tested and Trusted by my Husband! 🙂