Fruits just taste wonderfully different when tasted in rich creamy custard! Never bothered making custard at home with so many ready-made versions available these days. But once I discovered how good a home-made custard could be, never really turned back to old habits.
Being more of a savoury lover, (unlike my sister who made all the sweet stuff at home) I was totally in uncharted waters this time around but guessing by the reactions my regular Guinea pigs, I’m sure they loved this one!
So here goes..
Ingredients : –
Whole milk – 1 cup
Single cream – ½ cup
Egg yolks – 2 nos
Sugar – 10 tsps (scoopful)
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Corn flour – 1 tsp
- Bring all the ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Mix it well and place on stove on a medium flame.
- Keep stirring slowly and let it all come to boil.
- Reduce the flame once it starts to boil and keep stirring until the custard thickens.
- When the right consistency is reached, pour it out.
Custard can be had hot or cold. 🙂