My usual go-to dish at P.F.Chang’s (or any other Chinese restaurant, for that matter) is Singapore Noodles.
Tried it for the first time when I went out with my colleagues and decided to bite into anything amusingly different from my default choice at any Chinese eatery – Chicken fried rice. ( I Know! -_- ).
Looked up the menu, ‘Singapore noodles’ sounded fancy enough . Did not disappoint and did not regret a single bite of it. Or shall we say, love at first bite !?
Had the audacity to try making it at home today and here is the result.
Usually the noodles used is rice vermicelli. And it is actually tastier that way. Since I already had egg noodles handy at home, gave it a go. But I strongly recommend rice vermicelli for this one!
- Chicken breast – 1 no
- Prawns – 6-8 no
- Shiitake Mushroom – 100 gm
- Eggs – 2 no
- Red Chillies – 2 no
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Beans – 6-8 no sliced
- Carrot – 1 no julienned
- Red pepper – 1/2 julienned
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup julienned
- Spring onion – 1 chopped
- Noodles – 4 bunch
- chilli powder – 1 tsp
- pepper – to taste
- salt – to taste
- Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp
- sesame oil – 1 tbsp
- dried red chilli – 2 crushed
- turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- oyster sauce- 1 tbsp
- Cook the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Shred it and keep aside.
- Pan fry the Prawns till half cooked with 1 tsp of vegetable oil, salt, pepper and chilli powder.
- Chop the veggies and keep aside.
- Cook the noodles, strain and keep aside.
- Heat the wok and add 3 tbsp oil. Add the sliced red chillies, julienned ginger , chopped shiitake mushrooms, beans and turmeric powder. Stir for a minute.
- Next add the other chopped veggies like carrot, cabbage, red pepper. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add fried prawns, shredded chicken, salt, pepper and beaten eggs. Toss for another minute and let the eggs cook.
- Add the sauces and crushed dried red chilli.
- Combine well and then toss in the noodles and give it a good stir. Add the spring onions and sesame oil and toss it one final time.
- Serve hot!
My girl says its Yumm and so do my boys. 🙂