Hubby dear lovessss burgers and he comes up with all sort of excuses when he craves for yummy beef burgers from the take-away near our home.
So I thought, why not try one at home?. Didn’t want to make a beef burger and put him to a tough decision each week ;)… Hence decided to conjure this lamb burger instead!.
- Lamb mince – 500 gm
- Red Onion – 2
- Tomatoes – 2
- Iceberg lettuce -1/2
- Mayonnaise – 1/2 cup
- Lime – 2
- Burger Bun – 6
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Paprika – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves – handful
- Mint leaves – 6-7 nos
- Extra virgin Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- cheddar cheese slices-6 nos
- Slice one onion and add juice of 1 lime and some salt to taste. Mix well and Keep aside.
- Mix Mayonnaise,1/4 tsp of pepper powder, 1 tbsp of lime juice in a small bowl and keep aside.
- Put the lamb mince in a bowl. Add the rest of spice powders and salt.
- Grind together 1 chopped red onion, coriander leaves, mint leaves together to make a coarse paste.
- Add this paste to the mince and mix well with hands.
- Keep aside for an hour or more.
- Make about 10 burger patties out of this. (the number depends on the size really)
- Grill the burgers on a grill pan on medium heat for atleast 8-10 minutes flipping it once.
- Do a final flip and top the burgers with one cheese slice.
- Toast the Burger buns on the same grill.
- Place the burger on the bun, top it up with lettuce,sliced tomatoes, onion slices and mayo sauce.
That smile and lick of fingers told me how the burger fared! 🙂