My little girl says “Happy to you” whenever she hears ‘cake’ or sees one!! Lol. She firmly believes that a cake means she has got to sing happy birthday to someone. She just loves cakes. So when I made the lemon drizzle cake, she was overjoyed. So was her dada. But my lil’ boy does not have a sweet tooth, so he just went along his way after the first bite. 😉
My mom is my first cooking guru, so obviously, getting her approval is always a big deal (and difficult too at times). But she loved this one!
- Self raising flour – 225g
- Butter – 225 g
- Caster sugar – 225g
- Eggs – 4
- Lemon – 2
- Caster sugar – 100g
- Grate zest of a lemon and keep aside.
- In a large bowl mix together butter, eggs and caster sugar(225g) with a beater.
- Sift in the flour and keep beating it to a thick consistency.
- Add the lemon zest and mix it once more.
- Pour the mixture into a cake tin and bake at 150 C for an hour.
- Check if the cake is cooked through.
- Let it cool. Meanwhile, mix together 100g caster sugar and juice of 2 lemon in a cup.
- Once the cake is cooled down, prick all over the top layer with a fork.
- With a spoon, drizzle the lemon and sugar mix on the cake. Let the cake absorb it.
- Ready to serve after the cake has completely cooled down and there is a glaze on top of it.
Daddy and daughter favorite. 🙂