Those Friday night movie dinners call for a quick tangy, crunchy chicken dish.
This was discovered on one such night 😉 Crunch away!
- Chicken breast – 2 whole
- Red bell pepper – 1
- Cashew nuts – 8 nos
- Spring onion – 3
- Celery sticks – 2
- Shallots – 3
- Ginger – 1″ piece
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Tamarind paste – 1 tbsp
- Dried red chillies – 4
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oyster sauce – 1 tbsp
- Sesame oil – 2 tbsp
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin long strips and keep aside.
- Similarly, Julienne the red bell pepper, celery sticks and spring onions and keep aside. Chop the shallots, ginger and garlic and keep aside.
- Grind the tamarind and dried red chillies to a paste (add a tsp of sesame oil for the paste consistency)
- Now heat a wok and once its real hot, add the vegetable oil.
- Into this, add the chopped shallots and ginger-garlic.
- Stir fry for a min and then add the chicken slices. Let the chicken cook on high heat for 8- 10 minutes, stirring occasionally so that it doesn’t burn.
- Now add the salt, turmeric powder , oyster sauce and tamarind+red chilli paste.
- Give it a good stir and then add the veggies along with the cashew nuts.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes and finally add the drizzle of sesame oil and serve hot with some egg noodles or fried rice.
I think i should try to cook up a good fried rice next. Recipe to follow once the family gives the go signal!