Prawns is a favourite in the house. Rainy Sunday afternoon calls for a spicy curry. And it has got to be a spicy fish curry or prawn curry.
- Jumbo tiger prawns – 10 nos
- Kokum – 6
- Onion – 1
- Ginger – thumb sized piece
- Green chillies – 3
- Tomato – 1
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Clean and soak the kokum in water just enough to cover.
- In an earthenware pot, heat oil. Add the fenugreek seeds and let it crackle.
- Add the chopped onions, ginger and slit green chillies. Cook till soft.
- Add all the spices and cook for a further minute.
- Now add the chopped tomato and the cleaned prawns.
- Let the mixture coat well on the prawns. Now add the kokum pieces with the water used for soaking.
- Add salt to taste and cover and cook till the prawns are cooked properly.
- Now add the coconut milk, and switch off just before it starts to bubble.
Serve hot with rice or roti. Happy hubby and kids alert! 🙂